African Hunting Expo – Edmonton
24th January 2014 (11:00 - 20:00) - 25th January 2014 (10:00 - 18:00)
The Nisku Inn & Conference Centre
Unique Qualities of the expo
- Only Africa-related products may exhibit.
- Small & exclusive, encouraging one-on-one time between buyer and seller, in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Two day format (Friday 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. & Saturday 10 p.m. to 6 p.m.) Exhibitors may arrive Friday morning to minimize accommodation expense.
- Hassle free. Arrive at the expo with your brochures and prices lists, no set up or breakdown required, no booth storage expense.
- All exhibiting outfitters are required to be a member of their countries hunting association.
- Limited number of outfitter exhibitors per country.
- No hunt donations required.
Why Edmonton, Alberta?
The ‘Texas’ of Canada, Alberta is rich in oil! And with nearly 370,000 hunters in the surrounding western provinces of Canada, this is where the market is!
The Facts about Hunters in Alberta – (2008 Update excluding neighbouring provinces)
- Annually, there are over 114,000 licensed hunters.
- 18,000 bow hunters in Alberta.
- 7,000 youth hunters in Alberta.
- 8,400 female hunters in Alberta.
- Average age of an Alberta hunter is 40 years (Male) and 44 years (Female).
Edmonton is the second largest city in Alberta and the economic activity is mostly centered on petroleum; with agriculture, high tech industries, and tourism.
Alberta is one of the strongest outdoor markets in Canada, with 95 species of wildlife, the 2nd largest of any province in Canada, thus creating a very strong hunting fraternity.
In a survey on public opinion 70% of the respondents reported having either a very favourable attitude toward hunting in Alberta (conducted for the Hunting for Tomorrow Foundation). This is good news, as it creates an environment of a hunter friendly province, which means more potential business for you.
The target market for this expo are qualified hunters with both the means and interest to hunt in Africa. In terms of geographical focus, marketing efforts are being concentrated on the province of Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and the US states of Washington and Montana. There is a large, untapped market in Canada. Canadian hunters are passionate about their sport, but have had little exposure to African hunting opportunities and its affordability.
Location : The Nisku Inn and Conference Centre, 1101-4th St, Nisku, Alberta, T9E 7N1
Guest Rooms = $105.00 (includes hot breakfast)
Near the airport, Nisku Inn Edmonton Airport is located in Nisku's Leduc - Edmonton International Airport neighborhood and Leduc Golf and Country Club is a local attraction. Regional points of interest also include Snow Valley Ski Club and South Edmonton Common. Nisku Inn Edmonton Airport's restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A bar / lounge is open for drinks. Room service is available during limited hours. The hotel serves a complimentary full breakfast. Recreational amenities include an indoor pool, a spa tub, and a fitness facility. This hotel offers small meeting rooms and audio-visual equipment. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in public areas. This Nisku property has event space consisting of banquet facilities, conference / meeting rooms, and a ballroom. The property has a complimentary airport shuttle (available 24 hours). Guest parking is complimentary. Additional property amenities include a coffee shop / café, gift shops / newsstands, and laundry facilities. 156 air-conditioned guestrooms at Nisku Inn Edmonton Airport feature coffee / tea makers and blackout drapes / curtains. Bathrooms feature shower / tub combinations, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers. Wireless Internet access is complimentary. In addition to desks, guestrooms offer free local calls (restrictions may apply). 42-inch flat-screen televisions have premium cable channels. Also included are irons / ironing boards and clock radios. Guests may request refrigerators, microwaves, and extra towels / bedding. Housekeeping is available daily.
When it's time to dine, the finest standards of service and choice are delightfully met with the exemplary cuisine provided by our Head Chef.
At the Lakeside Grill Dining Room, our succulent Prime Rib, or the Chef’s famous Baby Back Ribs are prepared to a chef's standard by our very capable staff in the tradition of the finest dining to ensure that you enjoy the very best when visiting the Nisku Inn and Conference Centre.
The care and thought taken when preparing your meals is matched by the attention to detail which our staff provide when serving them. When enjoying the Lakeside Grill experience, please ask about the extensive choice of wines from our fine selection.
- 42" Flat Screen TV's
- Free Meal Voucher (with room) some restrictions apply
- Cable and In Room Movies
- Free Wireless throughout the hotel
- Business Centre
- 2 Restaurants
- 2 Lounges
- Full Convention Facilities
- Rooms and Suites
- Indoor Pool and Hot Tub
- Free Airport Shuttle
- Pet Friendly
- Exercise Facility
- Gift Shop
- Hair Salon
- Dry cleaning available
- On Site Laundry Facility'
Click on the exhibitors name to view their profile
Pre-Register Now and stand a chance to win Sable Hunt at Rosslyn Safaris in Zimbabwe
Show dates : 24th and 25th January 2014
Show Times : Friday 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. & Saturday 10 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Cost : $20 per person for two days
Children under 16 Free.
Venue : The Nisku Inn and Conference Centre.
Address : 1101-4th St, Nisku, Alberta, T9E 7N1
To reserve : 1-800-661-6966
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.niskuinn.com
- 1 X 1 year subscription / renewal to the African Hunting Gazette (valued at $45),
- A $10 donation to SCI for each visitor attending the expo
- Go in to the draw for 2 return tickets to SA on Delta Airlines
- Game Animals of the World or Best of African Hunting Gazette.
If you bring 2 friends with you to the expo, you will also receive a signed copy of either: